Learning in Depth Workshop 2010
last modified 2010-04-22 13:31
Wednesday June 30th, 2010
Simon Fraser University - Harbour Centre Campus located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC
Click here for the poster advertising the Learning in Depth Workshop 2010.
This one-day workshop will help you to:
* become familiar with the nature and principles of the Learning in Depth project;
* explore the structures of implementing Learning in Depth in your classroom and/or school (including topic selection and portfolio building); and,
* develop a plan for implementing the Learning in Depth project in your classroom and/or school.
One-Day Workshop Overview
AM - Session I
To enable participants to answer the following questions:
- What is the nature and purpose of the Learning in Depth (LiD) project?
- What are the potential benefits of implementing LiD?
- What are the most practical ways of implementing LiD?
- What does it look like in practice?
AM - Session II
- To introduce teachers and administrators to the basic structures and plans for implementing LiD.
- To discuss the nature of the topics that are central to LiD.
- To examine the nature of the portfolios, with some examples.
PM - Session I
- To enable participants to work in small groups, with LiD resource people, in planning the initial ceremony in which students will be given their topic and to plan for supporting one child through the first year of exploring one topic.
PM - Session II
- To begin development of a school plan for LiD implementation, including scheduling planning time, communicating with parents and community members, inventorying current resources, and developing a plan for acquiring additional resources. Discussion of participants' further needs prior to implementation, and how the LiD group can respond to them and support teachers as they move toward implementation.
Instructors for this workshop include:
Click here for information about the Imaginative Education Training Course (June 27th - 29th, 2010)
Please visit our Registration Page for information regarding program fees as well as information about SFU Harbour Centre (located in downtown Vancouver, BC) and also accommodation.
Click here to start your registration.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your questions.